Safety Duron Harmon and his buddies on the New England defense know they have to deal with Marcus Mariotas unique skill set when the Tennessee Titans visit the Patriots for Saturday nights AFC divisional playoff game.

He actually knows when to run and when to pass the ball when scrambling Brendan Leipsic Jersey Kids , Harmon said Wednesday.

Its a very unique skill because a lot of guys once they get scrambling, theyre not even looking downfield anymore, theyre just looking to run. But he always has his eyes downfield always knows when to run, when to throw the pass. I would say his touch on the ball, too, that gets people open when hes scrambling.

The Patriots have had their troubles with mobile quarterbacks this season and there have even been not-so-mobile quarterbacks that have picked up yards on the ground against the defending champions.

Cam Newton and the Panthers beat them.

So did Kansas Citys Alex Smith, though Smith didnt hurt them with his legs.

They beat rookie Deshaun Watson and the Texans, but Houston scored 33 points and Watson gained 41 yards on the ground.

The Patriots beat Tyrod Taylor and the Buffalo Bills twice and defeated Jameis Winston and Tampa Bay.

Mariota, who had an 87-yard touchdown run in 2015, his rookie season, ran for 60 yards on 10 carries in the regular-season finale. He picked up 46 yards on eight attempts in the playoff win over the Chiefs last Saturday.

Mariota had two touchdown passes in the wild-card game, one actually to himself as he caught a pass batted down by Darrelle Revis and took it into the end zone.

He finished off the comeback with a 22-yard TD pass to Eric Decker, but the pass/catch touchdown was enough to make Harmon think.

It looked like it was meant for them to win, Harmon said. That was first of all, thats a very, very hard play to make and that shows you his skill set, his athletic ability to be able to throw the ball, have it knocked down and be able to catch it where he caught it, and go in and run (on) a scoring dive, it shows his athletic ability. It shows that any time he touches the ball, hes dangerous.

Fellow safety Devin McCourty sees the same attributes in Mariota.

Its not like if he stays in the pocket he cant make throws, but when he escapes outside the pocket and he has the ability to run and throw, you honestly really dont have a shot to stop him, I think, McCourty said.

Weve played quarterbacks like this where we do want to try to keep him in the pocket, but I think thats just the beginning part of it. We also, when were man coverage or zone coverage, weve got to be able to play our zones or our man tight and not allow windows or not allow a great pocket for him to sit back there and throw because hes a good enough passer that hell make all the throws on the football field.

McCourty pointed to a pass Mariota made to Delanie Walker against Indianapolis that was between four players on the sideline.

That was a tough throw, and that was in the pocket, he noted. But I think well have a better chance that way than him being able to escape, throw it deep or run for 30 or 40 yards. So, its going to be all 11 guys kind of playing their job with trying to contain him.

Mariota was sixth in the NFL in third-down passer rating this season, a list headed by the Patriots Tom Brady.

An extremely athletic guy, so there is a huge factor of mobility with him Brock Boeser Jersey , New England defensive coordinator Matt Patricia said. But, you know, hes a very strong-armed quarterback, he can extend plays, he can scramble to run or he can get out of trouble and then find his receivers downfield. He also has a run element to him, and the run game is very extensive.

NOTES: The Patriots may get both James White and Rex Burkhead back from injury for this game both are practicing on a limited basis. Burkhead was asked Wednesday how he was feeling. Good. Just ready to get back out there with the team. Im just excited for the playoffs and everything thats in store. LB Marquis Flowers missed practice Wednesday because of an illness.

TORONTO Jose Bautista will return to the scene of some of his biggest moments in baseball Tuesday night when the New York Mets visit the Toronto Blue Jays.

The Mets and Blue Jays will play a two-game interleague series at the Rogers Centre, where Bautista starred for the better part of nine years.

The Mets will start right-hander Zack Wheeler (2-6, 4.47 ERA) against Blue Jays right-hander Marco Estrada (4-7, 4.53) in the series opener.

While the Blue Jays (39-45) were losing 3-2 in 10 innings on Monday afternoon to the Detroit Tigers at the Rogers Centre, the Mets (33-48) had the day off. It gave Bautista a chance to renew acquaintances in Toronto.

I have some stuff scheduled, to meet up with people who were part of my life when I was there and visit some of the usual spots, Bautista told reporters in Miami, where the Mets played last weekend. Its definitely a place that I hold dear and close to my heart. Its going to be a fun time.

Bautista twice led the American League in home runs with the Blue Jays, hitting 54 in 2010 and 43 in 2011. His most famous home run came in 2015 at the Rogers Centre, a three-run blast with an iconic bat flip that won the American League Division Series in the fifth and deciding game against the Texas Rangers.

He played 1,235 regular-season games for the Blue Jays from 2008 to 2017, hitting 288 homers (second only to Carlos Delgados 336) with 776 RBIs (third on the teams career list).

Bautista also had an influence on his teammates.

He was a huge help in my development, Blue Jays center fielder Kevin Pillar said. There was a time in my first full year when I went from left to center and I was making some plays and I kind of earned his respect and he metaphorically gave me the keys (to the outfield) and told me to go get anything I could. And my voice became the voice in the outfield. That was pretty special to me.

When the Blue Jays did not pick up the option on his contract for this season, he became a free agent. He did not have a team until the Atlanta Braves signed him on April 18. After a minor-league stint, he struggled with the Braves for 12 games and was released May 20. The Mets signed him May 22.

In 36 games with the Mets, the 37-year-old is batting .250/.418/476 with three homers and 13 RBIs. In his past 14 games, he is hitting .300/.462/.650 with three homers and 10 RBIs.

Im not surprised by what hes doing, Mets manager Mickey Callaway said. He probably just needed some at-bats to get going and now were seeing the byproduct of him being ready. Ive always known hes a really good hitter. He keeps himself in really good shape. Hes probably in the best shape of anybody on our team and is (the oldest player on the team). Great approach, great patience, still has bat speed.

Not having a spring training, wanting to swing the bat and some other things mightve played into me not (reaching base) as much in Atlanta, Bautista said.

Bautista always has been a versatile player. He played mostly right field with the Blue Jays but also manned third base and occasionally first base. He has played 12 games in left field for the Mets, 10 in right field, two at third base and one at second base.

This will be the second series between the teams. They split two games on May 15-16 at Citi Field.

Wheeler was the losing pitcher on May 16, a 12-1 Blue Jays victory, in his only career outing against Toronto. He allowed six runs, seven hits and three walks and struck out seven in four innings.

Estrada is 0-2 with a 7.27 ERA in seven career games (two starts) against the Mets. He struggled earlier in the season but is 2-1 with a 2.35 ERA in his past five starts.